Search engine optimization is one of the key factors that can help you grow your business successfully in the online world. It helps increase your brand’s visibility.
It helps improve your site’s performance, which helps boosts your site’s traffic and ranking. It also helps generate new leads, which results in higher conversion.
SEO is one internet marketing technique that you can’t do without. However, if you are a novice, then mastering SEO can be a challenge, as it comprises of several on-page and off-page factors. Thus, let’s check out the common SEO mistakes that marketers make, and how to rectify these effectively.
- Broken Links:This is one of the major reasons for a bounce rate. Broken links are not only a sign of an unkempt website, but it also frustrates users when he clicks on a link and lands on a dead page. Broken links also make it difficult for search engine robots to index your website accurately. Thus, this is one SEO mistake that needs to be fixed post-haste. If your website is WordPress powered, then the Broken link checker plugin can help you identify and rectify this mistake.
- Slow Website Speed: Google loves faster websites, as it helps enhance user experience. A slow website speed means loss of potential traffic, as a user is not going to stick around for your website to load. So, make sure you optimize your website for speed. This will help to boosts your revenue. You can check your site’s speed on Pingdom.
- Over-optimization of Keywords: There is no doubt that keywords are an important factor in SEO. However, over-optimization of keyword a.k.a keyword stuffing can get your site penalized. Thus, ensure you steer clear from this SEO mistake. One of the best ways to avoid this mistake is to use LSI keywords and search terms. Creating longer content can also ensure that your content is not stuffed with keywords.
- Low-quality Content: Content is important for the success of an SEO campaign. If you want to increase your site’s dwell time and reduce bounce rate, then creating engaging and high-quality content is essential. In-depth and informative content offers greater SEO value and as a long-term impact. Thus, if you want to improve your site’s ranking and increase organic traffic, then creating interesting long-form content is the way forward.
- No Social Media Profile: Having a social media presence for your business is very important. By not leveraging this platform, you are losing on more than just potential customers. Thus, pick and choose social media platforms that are relevant to your business and create a profile on them.
These are some of the common SEO mistakes that you need to aware of, so you can avoid them. SEO, when done right, can help accelerate your business growth. Thus, make sure that you audit your website frequently, and add the best SEO practices on your website to improve your site’s traffic and ranking. For more information on SEO mistakes, visit here to read this guide.