The conventional brick-and-mortar stores are gone and replaced by online storefronts.
That's not all. As people use the internet for literally everything, more companies are finding the need to expand their brand influence into the cyberspace. With the rise of convenient online purchases, comes the emergence of a fast-growing career path- Digital Marketing.
What is digital marketing?
The ever-growing digitization of business has come with the need for a new kind of profession. In essence, this career path entails being well-versed in the world of business and the art of marketing. The people in this profession possess the knowledge and skills which companies need to harness the vast potential of the internet as a tool for growth. Moreover, they also have the skills necessary to reach out to internet-savvy consumers, through community blogs, social media, email advertising, and more.
So, do you have the skills that could land you a job in this hot, new career path? Here, some of the fields in Digital Marketing.
- Brand Management
- Business Analytics Specialist
- Email Marketer
- Mobile Marketing Specialist
- Online Content Developer
- Professional Blogger
- Search Engine Optimization Specialist
- Search Expert
- Social Media Marketing
- Web Designer
In essence, any skill that can be leveraged to help a brand connect with and hold a strong positive influence on its customers, using the internet, is a digital marketing skill.
What skills are desirable in digital marketing?
Above all, digital marketing is all about finding the most effective manner at reaching out to customers. Hence, to have a rewarding career in the space, one must first master the skills. One must be able to:
- Create and effectively apply branding strategies.
- Create compelling ads using advertising platforms such as Google AdWords.
- Change what's not working for something that will work.
- Use inbound marketing techniques to generate new leads.
- Use content writing platforms and craft landing pages.
- Understand and interpret a change in sales trends.
- Perform Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies. This skill is critical in increasing search engine rankings.
- Manage many campaign aspects at once. One should also possess strong Social Media Skills.
Furthermore, as more communication channels become available, the need for people who can keep up with such innovation grows, too. If you want to excel in the digital marketing profession, then here are some qualities you'll need to possess.
- Goal-Oriented: You'll need to be driven on work on achieving goals.
- Innovative: Digital marketing will involve a lot of outside the box thinking to come up with exciting ways to reach out to new customers.
- Intuitive: You need to strive to understand what the customer wants and deliver.
- Passionate: You'll need to have an innate curiosity and an immense desire to create something.
- Patient: You'll need to understand that most of your ideas will be trial and error. Hence, you'll need to exercise a great deal of patience.
- Possess a Social Personality: You need to be outgoing and an extrovert in interacting with clients.
- Strong communication skills: Possess a degree of fun when interacting with customers.
- Strong listening skills: Know and understand the importance of listening to customers and creating a relationship based on trust and loyalty.
The typical pay in digital marketing
Digital Marketing is a lucrative career path. After all, a quick search at job portals like Jobsora.com will provide you the proof. To make the smart choice, you can start your search at the site to find the most lucrative opportunities. Furthermore, by breaking down the responsibilities, the median compensation for digital marketing positions is as follows:
- Digital Marketing Associate: With less than ten years of experience in digital marketing, these job positions offer an average annual pay of $ 43,900.
- Digital Marketing Specialist: The annual pay for a DM specialist with intermediate-level experience is $48,500.
- Digital Marketing Manager: With expert level experience in digital marketing, you can expect compensation of up to $62,100 annually.
- Digital Marketing Director: For an entry-level position, the annual salary is almost double that of the DM Associate at $80,900 annually.
Is digital marketing the career for you? Digital marketing is one of the most rewarding career paths at the moment. Hence, if you're creative, like problem-solving, and enjoy conducting digital research, perhaps it's time to join the digital marketing field.