The primary purpose of an online website is to stay accessible to its visitors throughout the day.
Very often we come across such websites that either fail to load at certain times during the day or just decide to go down randomly at odd hours.
In a layman’s term, we regard this occurrence as the website going down. A rather technical term for a website failing to load or staying inaccessible is ‘Downtime’, the opposite of which is a site’s ‘Uptime’. A website can only best serve its purpose by displaying maximum Uptime and a minimal or no Downtime.
Vital for the User-Experience, you must take necessary actions to ensure that your website is up and running all the time. In this blog post, we are going to talk about how you can ensure the same for your WordPress website by using the best tools to monitor your site’s performance, every minute.
Reasons behind your site’s frequent Downtime
If your website is facing frequent downtime issues, the damage can be much more than just the loss of traffic where your site will lose its new visitors as well as fail to retain the existing ones.
The worst impact of your site’s downtime can be the negative impression on the Search Engines that might interpret these instances as your site not even existing. Whatever the case, site Downtime has grave consequences.
Here are the most probable reasons behind your site facing recurring Downtime issues. Understanding these reasons is important so that you get to identify the culprit and fix it at the earliest.
- Your web host provider is incompetent or the other websites being hosted on it are creating a havoc. If the case is so, you should compare all website hosting options and choose a reliable one.
- A data overload on the website can exhaust your site’s PHP memory limit, causing your site to go down.
- Your website going down can also be a result of someone playing a mischief with malicious intentions. So, make sure that your site's security is robust and updated.
- Every blogging guide mentions how important a fast loading and a seamlessly accessible website is. Going by it, you must optimize your site or blog for optimal performance.
Figuring out your site’s Downtime
Before you start building on the idea of using WordPress plugins and other third-party tools to ensure maximum website uptime, it is important to make sure that you assess the performance of your WordPress website. To do that, you can use some of the tools mentioned below to see if your website is performing as expected.
Widely used as a website speed testing tool, Pingdom monitors the uptime and performance of your websites, 24*7. It uses more than 70 global polling locations to test and verify the sites. Eventually offering a better end-user-experience, Pingdom is a must-use tool for all website owners.
Some of its salient features include:
- With its 60+ probe servers, it tests your website for Uptime Monitoring.
- Page Speed monitoring is a prime feature.
- Any impending issues are notified instantly.
PRICING: Pingdom offers high quality and reliable website Uptime and Downtime monitoring at different price slabs.
Primarily a Performance Monitoring Solution for DevOps and IT Operations, Site 24*7 does what it says; monitor your website 24*7. This all-in-one monitoring solution offers the following features:
- It monitors the server performance to stay ahead of any downtime issues and notifies any server issues with root cause analysis capabilities.
- Website Performance Monitoring
- Web Page Speed (Browser)
- DNS Server Monitoring
- Monitoring from 90+ Global locations
- Website Availability Monitoring (HTTP / HTTPS)
- SSL/TLS Certificate Monitoring
- Real User Monitoring (Web)
- End User Experience Monitoring
- Monitor your Internal Network
Offering a complete infrastructure control with Site24x7 Network Monitoring, Site 24*7 can be your perfect website monitoring tool.
PRICING: The Website monitoring packages for Site 24*7 begin from $9/month for 10 websites/servers. You can check other pricing packages here.
The WordPress JetPack plugin is a must-have when it comes to overall strengthening the performance of your website. Its downtime monitor keeps a check on your site, and notifies you via email or mobile notifications as and when the downtime occurrence is detected.
The feature of the plugin keeps an eye on your website’s performance and checks your site every five minutes, from different locations around the globe.
PRICING: Its pricing plans offer features with an edge and are highly recommended if you are looking to monitor and maintain a business website.
ManageWP website monitoring tool checks your websites for any downtime and notifies you with an instant notification. Available as a part of the premium plan of the tool, it tracks your uptime percentage, response delay also runs other individual checks. This Real-time Uptime Monitor checks for your site’s uptime at an interval of 60 seconds.
PRICING: Available on a per website basis and a bundle basis, the several pricing slabs for this monitoring tool do just fine.
When setup, the service starts monitoring your website within 30 seconds. It notifies you of any Downtime instances on your website as soon as it happens. With over 5,00,000+ users, the tool is highly reliable.
Its user-friendly dashboard makes it even easier for new users while the tool verifies downtime from multiple locations. In case, your website is running a maintenance and is down, you can choose to not get notified during this period.
PRICING: Offering a free plan and a pro plan, the pricing plans for Uptime Robot help you start a website, maintain its performance, and grow it.
This remote website uptime monitoring tool helps your site by detecting any website downtime Once you register for free monitoring account, the tool starts taking care of your website’s performance. You can choose the frequency of the checks for every 1, 2, 3, 5, 10, 15, 30 and 60 minutes.
- Instant notifications
- Web-based real-time reports of historical data
- Website monitoring from outside of your network
- Quick and accurate diagnosis of problems
- No software to install or maintain
- Measures end-user perspective
PRICING: Featuring a Standard pricing plan, an Advanced plan, and a Professional plan, the ServiceUptime tool requires no setup, activation or other kind of hidden fees.
Ensuring that your WordPress website remains available to its users 24*7 for access can be an overwhelming pursuit for new website owners. With our listicle of the website uptime and downtime monitoring services, we hope that you will be able to focus on other aspects of your site’s overall growth.