In the last couple of decades, we’ve completely changed the way we shop. E-commerce stores have become immensely popular and today more than ever we’ve got people shopping online on a regular basis.
Although this is fantastic news for e-commerce business owners, it still means that their competition is stronger than ever. That’s why they need to have a strong marketing strategy.
Luckily, there are tools for e-commerce marketing which can take your advertising to the next level and help you stand out from your competition. If you’re curious about these tools and want to learn how to use them, just keep reading.
Here’s a list of 8 marketing tools perfect for your e-commerce store.
Let’s kick this off with a popular tool for optimizing your website and working on those organic clicks.
Google Trends is a marketing tool which allows you to analyze current trends, learn about your target audience and craft your marketing efforts accordingly.
Here’s how it works:
- you select a target region or country
- you type in a term or a phrase
- Google Trends gives you a chart showing how interested the people were in this term, what part of the year is it most searched for, and in which subregions
- you can even compare two or more phrases and searches to see which one is doing better
You can then use this knowledge to edit your landing pages, product descriptions, and even your ads, and make them more popular and efficient.
It’s a free tool you should definitely check out.
Proper advertising requires proper research prior to making any steps. In content marketing for your e-commerce, it's highly important that you employ SEO and find the right keywords for your content.
Only then will your marketing efforts make any sense, and the search engines will be able to recognize your content as a potential match to your customers’ searches.
LSI Graph is a tool which enables you to write SEO friendly content using the keywords it recommends. Here’s how to use it:
- type a primary keyword
- take a look at the list of keywords or phrases the tool provides
- use them to create better content
It will help you rank higher in Google searches and get more people to learn about your e-commerce.
This all-in-one marketing platform can help you perform some serious marketing efforts and improve your marketing strategy.
Here’s what MailChimp can help you with:
- create e-mail campaigns for specific groups of the target audience
- create subscription boxes to have them subscribe to your website
- create powerful CTAs
- analyze data to gain insight into your numbers
It’s definitely a tool every e-commerce on the rise should employ.
Without insight and learning about your customers, it’s impossible for your e-commerce to grow and become better. That’s why you need a tool which can help you learn and use the information you have to do better in your marketing efforts.
Google Analytics is a tool which can help you:
- understand who are the people visiting your website or using your app
- gather data and learn from it
- optimize your marketing by creating the right ads for the right audience
It’s a tool every e-commerce needs in order to create powerful advertising and ensure it reaches the right target audience.
Hotjar is the tool which will benefit all your marketing departments and help your marketing team make the right changes to enhance the overall user experience of your website.
The tool is based on the so-called heat maps. They show you:
- what your visitors have been clicking the most
- where they move their mouse
- when do they leave your website
This way, you can learn about the typical behavior of your visitors and use that data to make the changes you need.
Push Owl is an app you can integrate with Shopify and use it give your shoppers a push in the right direction.
To put it simply, it allows you to send your customers push notifications. You can remind them about:
- their abandoned cart
- certain items they’ve been interested in
- special prices
- their order being shipped
- so much more
Push notifications can help you reach a wider audience, increase your engagement rate, your sales, and profit. It’s a great way to engage with your customers and motivate them to keep shopping.
7. Instagram Shopping Tags
This might just be one of the best things that have happened to e-commerce marketing.
Instagram is one of the strongest and most widely used social media platforms, which is why your e-commerce needs to be present on it.
The tool Instagram offers you is called Instagram Shopping Tag and it enables you to:
- post an image with your products on it
- allow Instagram users to click the image to learn more about the product
- show them the product info and price
- allow them to click and take them directly to your e-commerce where they can buy the exact product they just saw on Instagram
This tool should definitely be on top of your list. Use it to increase sales and profit.
Finally, Buffer is a tool which helps you advertise your e-commerce on different social media, crafting all of your posts in one place.
It allows you to plan and publish your content for:
- and LinkedIn
You can create posts, schedule a date for their publishing and check out your calendar to see what you’ve got lined up. It’s perfect for keeping track of your social media activity.
A marketing automation platform that lets marketers reach their customers through emails, web push notifications and SMS messages as well as Facebook messenger chatbot.
SendPulse also delivers:
- Subscription form builder - to grow your mailing list.
- Trigger emails - to run behaviour-based email marketing
- Statistics - to measure your marketing campaign through clicks and opens
- Integrations - to connect SendPulse with your eCommerce, CMS, SRM and other projects
When you have the right tools, you can do whatever you set your mind to.
Hopefully, the list above will help you find the tools that you need and improve your e-commerce marketing strategy. Choose the tools which suit your needs best, and start making improvements today