It is not necessary to think that verbal and written communication skills are the sole responsibility of the secretary of the organization.
In practice, such letters are encountered by employees of various specialties. But does each of us wonder how correctly we do it? By note, you can judge in absentia of his sender and in general about the organization and its branding. An illiterate letter containing a large number of mistakes can hopelessly spoil your reputation, drop your credibility in the eyes of management and colleagues.
A business text must be written correctly, without spelling, punctuation and stylistic mistakes. The presence of obvious and gross errors repels the recipient, creates the impression of short-sightedness, illiteracy. The likelihood of partnership after receiving such texts drops sharply.
These simple tips help from custom essay writing service to express thoughts are understandable, create a positive impression on the addressee and increase the conversion of a business letter in the writing process.
Observe the basic rules of letters for customers
They are the following:
- the accuracy of the data in the content; completeness of the content; summary (preferably no more than 1 page, the rest of the information can be attributed to the application);
- lack of rudeness, neutral tone;
- lack of blots, corrections, deletions; the use of slang and vernacular is unacceptable;
- abbreviations of words are undesirable; lack of emotional evaluation (only facts).
- In one message there should be one subject, one goal. The presence of several topics is permissible only if they are interconnected. Otherwise, several emails are sent.
- The text should be drawn up and compiled following generally accepted rules. Each organization has its form, which serves as a business card. To send letters by mail, it is preferable to write text on a printed form. In practice, organizations most often print them independently on a color printer.
- When receiving a business letter in a pleasant tone will notify the sender of its receipt.
Observe the structure of the business letter.
The text of a business letter contains the following structure:
- the introductory part (reason, purpose, the reason for writing);
- the central part (decisions, proposals, essence, recommendations);
- the final part (request, proposal, etc., arising from the main part);
- the formula of politeness (the phrase "with respect", "with the hope of long-term and mutually beneficial cooperation", "with the hope of understanding", etc.); the position of the head and his signature;
- indication of the application (if any);
- Full name of the responsible executive with contact details.
Use words according to business language and writing styles The following features distinguish the language of business letters:
- accuracy of information submission;
- informative, but a summary;
- objectivity and structuredness.
Try to explain the essence of the matter in short simple sentences. Do not overload the text with adjectives, focus on verbs. You should not use highly specific and uncertain terms that may be incomprehensible to the reader. This will cause the recipient of the letter to be rejected. It is worth using simple words.
Business writing style excludes uninformative texts. As much as possible specifics and facts. Do not approach the final part with long and unnecessary turns. But at the same time avoid the presence of illogical and inconsistent paragraphs. Each paragraph should carry one particular thought. The implicated revolutions should also be excluded. Check written by ear.
Accurately and competently specify the subject of the letter.
The system is more likely to send a letter of no subject to "spam", and even to the addressee, it may cause mistrust. The topic should be formulated so that a person will immediately understand what the discussion will be about, and who is writing to him. There is a theory that letters with long headers are less likely to open. Studies show that the advantage of short headers is tiny, so it can be ignored.
Keep track of the length of your letter.
How long should the letter be? Small. There is a pattern: the shorter the letter, the faster it will be answered. In theory, there should be only one point in one letter - otherwise, you will have to wait until the other person finds answers to all your questions.
In the communication model, adjusting to the interlocutor.
In business correspondence, all the same laws and politeness and good taste work as in regular communication. You should not call a person by name if he signs with a name and surname. But the main rule, perhaps, is this: adapt to the interlocutor in interpersonal communication.
Choose the appropriate font.
It is best to use standard fonts, which by default offers a mail service. Comic Sans business letter is challenging to take seriously. Meaningful phrases can be made bold. But you shouldn’t experiment with color: a too colorful letter rarely looks serious. The only exception is the attached document. Here it makes sense to indicate the color of the correction so that the interlocutor does not have to look for them himself. Also, do not use capital letters. In informal communication, they highlight words that they would have said loudly in a real conversation. The interlocutor may out of habit think that you are shouting at him.
Finish the letter correctly
Suffice to say goodbye or have a beautiful day if you send a letter in the morning. After that, put a signature, the name, and surname or only the name, and, most importantly, indicate your contacts: telephone, Skype. If we are talking about employment, you can specify a profile in Linkedin. And, of course, it is better to do without postscripts: this is not a novel.