Know Your Visitors With Google Analytics Event Tracking
As per the sources, only 22% of businesses are satisfied with their conversion rates. Rest of the visitors merely scroll through your website and get back to other search results.
But if you could capture different statistics for each of your visitors, wouldn’t it be helpful to plan your business strategy accordingly?
What is Event Tracking?
You can easily capture your audience’s events on your website, such as how many times a button or link has been clicked or how visitors interact with different elements of your website. All this data can be sent to Google analytics and used for learning more about your audience.
Getting Started with Google Analytics Event Tracking
Here are a few quick tips to help you with event tracking options in Google Analytics.
- Decide on your tracking needs: Before we get ahead with the peculiarities of the process, it’s important for you to decide what to track. This depends on your business needs, for instance, if you are a legal consultant, your law firm SEO agency will suggest you to track the number of time a particular form/application pdf has been downloaded. Few other common events worth tracking include clicks on call to action buttons, phone numbers, social media buttons, outbound links to other websites, videos, media downloads, and forms.
- Setup your Google Analytics Account:Log into Google analytics account and set up the basic event tracking structure to get started. Next, you need to decide on the basic data, i.e., components category, action, label, and value, that needs to be passed to Google analytics.
- Events and Bounce Rates:One of the important things that need to be focused while working on event tracking is how to handle the bounce rate. By default, events are counted as an interaction just like visiting another webpage. This may affect the overall bounce rate of your website. To remove such events from being included in the bounce rate calculation, you need to set the ‘opt_noninteraction’ field to true.
- Set Goals and Test your Event Tracking:Once you are all set up, you need to test if the event tracking is actually working or not. It's better to fire up some false events from your side and look for the generated stats rather than waiting around only to find things weren’t set up properly. As an additional option, you can set up goals that correspond to particular events. This will help you with a proper conversion tracking alongside your event tracking.
- Look for an Expert to Help You Get Started This was just an overview of what event tracking actually means and how you can get started with it. With various other important factors involved, it is recommended to consult some expert with your requirements. Also, it would be wise to look for a domain specific service provider to deliver promising results and get to know your visitors in a much better way.
If you want to work in a productive office space, keep reading. Here are some tips you can use to create a space that works for you.
When starting a new business, you want to make sure that you are utilizing the best technology.
Having an aesthetic business building can be ideal for both the employees and customers. Here are a few tips to help you get started.
Undoubtedly, Australia has a large number of carrier networks and service providers.
Trade shows famous as trade fairs and trade exhibitions are scheduled to broadcast existing brands and launch new ones around the world.
The high interest in blockchain and cryptocurrency has impacted financial institutions. Currently, the influence of these new technologies on the banking system is being actively studied.
Commentscomments powered by Disqus