Putting up a business, perhaps, is the easiest part of the whole process.
However, maintaining it is another story. Gathering funds, certifications, licenses, tax requirements, and other essential matters are easy. But knowing how to keep your investment rolling, and maintaining the revenues at a progressive phase is difficult.
The truth is, some business startups fail, even if they have the most brilliant business idea. In fact, 90% of startups fail within the first four months in business. What is the reason behind this failure, and how can a startup owner prevent this from happening? Learn all these factors in this article.
Why Business Startups Fail?
You painstakingly started your business, and you’ve done your research; you’ve basically done everything in your power to ensure its stability. You know that you’ve given your heart and soul into it. That’s why it’s hard to imagine how in such a single error, you might see your business fail. And all that’s left of you is the single-word question: “Why?”
The answer is clear. Most business startup fails because of these two things:
- 1. Poor online marketing performance
- 2. Overall lack of search engine visibility
In the past, the easiest way to reach your market is through traditional media: print, TV, radio, outdoor ads, and even through word of mouth. But now, it comes along with digital marketing, and you also know that. That’s why you’re probably raising your eyebrow right now because you already hired someone who can offer SEO online services for your company. It’s always best to put your trust in established companies like Mike Wiseman SEO Toronto.
But are you sure that you’re executing your digital marketing properly? The power of the online platforms successfully won our generation by storm. However, exerting efforts for your company’s website and online presence is nothing if not done correctly.
Doing Digital Marketing Properly
Being unable to come up with a bulletproof search engine visibility and a dependable online marketing strategy is a critical issue. For you to successfully maintain your business, digital marketing is one of the primary keys.
Digital marketing is your marketing efforts through an electronic device or the internet. Below are some digital marketing samples:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Content Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Pay Per Click (PPC)
- Affiliate Marketing
- Native Advertising
- Marketing Automation
- Email Marketing
- Online PR
- Inbound Marketing
In digital marketing, you must have a specific and strategic approach starting from the first few days. The best time to execute this action is during the phase where you’re still in the process of establishing the consumer’s trust and loyalty.
Listed here are some of the steps you can follow to successfully market your products or services online.
Simple Steps to a Successful Digital Marketing
- Know Your Customer - You need to know who your target market is.
- Choose the Platform - There are numerous platforms where you can do your marketing, such as social media networks or websites. However, it is crucial to consider factors such as traffic, search engine placement, external linking, quality of current ads, and types of messages presented in existing ads.
- Set a Budget - You must know the costs for each marketing platform. This way, you can compare and evaluate whether spending money on this platform is worthy or not. The best way is to choose a platform where you’ll get the most exposure and is within your budget.
- Ad Content Creation - Hiring a contractor who offers SEO content services can be a good start. But doing DIYs can also be a great idea. The thing is you have to study and learn the proper ad content creation for you to come up with compelling content.
- Ad Tracking and Monitoring - Track down the results of your ads for the first two weeks. By doing so, you’ll find out which among your digital marketing efforts work and not.
Starting a business is easy, but maintaining and keeping it away from closing is hard. Hence, having a clear understanding of what digital marketing is, what it can do for you, and knowing how to execute it is important. Through this, keeping your troubles at bay will no longer be a problem.