The growth of online businesses has been phenomenal in recent years. After the dotcom bust many people believed that online businesses was just a temporary fad that would go away but it has weathered the difficult times and now e-commerce stores are the most favoured, even more favoured than brick and mortar stores.
But when success arrives competition arrives too and if you are facing a lot of competition in your online business you can beat them by providing a great customer experience. A successful business relies on happy customers and you get happy customers when they are happy with the overall buying experience. Following are 7 easy ways to provide an unforgettable experience for your customers:
- Your e-commerce store is your main source of business and hence the store should be easily navigable. Customers these days do not have time and are very impatient, if they find that your store pages take time to load, they will move to some other website. So make sure that you tell the web development Singapore firm to ensure that your website loads fast and the customer is able to navigate easily from one page to another in your website.
- Ensure that the product pages convert well by making it fun and informative. The buyer should be attracted to the product so have images in all angles so that the customer can make an informed decision. Give enough details about the product so that the customer is easily able to judge whether he wants to buy or not.
- Make the checkout process easy. All big websites such as Amazon have add to cart buttons as well as a buy now buttons. This way a customer can opt to buy one product by clicking buy now or add more products to the cart. The process is seamless and if you want the customer to keep returning make it so in your ecommerce website too.
- Nowadays customers do not buy online only from the confines of their homes, they do it while traveling, while in office, while in the park etc. So make sure that your ecommerce website is available on mobiles too.
- Customers love to get something free when they buy in stores whether online or offline. You can provide free shipping and this has been proven to be very successful too. People do not mind paying a little extra for the products and get free shipping rather than paying less for products and paying costly shipping.
- Social media is the craze now and if you are not on social media you should start immediately. Using social media you can interact with your customers and get feedback personally from them to make their buying experiences better. You can send personal messages like wishing them on their birthdays etc to build a good relationship. You can send information such as discount sales etc.
- Ensure that customer service is great. If the customer wants an exchange or refund make sure that it is attended to at the earliest. This will ensure repeat customers for you.