Going digital is no longer a dream for the future - it is the present reality. So if you want to succeed as a small business owner in today’s competitive online space, you must have an exciting website. It must be responsive, user-friendly, and interesting enough to keep your consumer engaged.
Are you worried about the costs of hiring a web developer to create such a website from scratch? Fre not, because creating a website is cheap, quick, and super easy with website builders. You do not need any coding and design experience to develop beautiful websites.
There are our top 10 picks for website builders that are ideal for small businesses.
From our testing, Wix is one of the best free website builders for entrepreneurs to start their online presence. The template gallery is labeled by industry to give you professionally curated website formats based on your niche. It is a straightforward and user-friendly platform that anyone can use.
- Great customization features - Personalize any aspect of the template, including design, checkout area, product pages, cart options, etc.
- Unlimited scaling up - Don’t worry about product restrictions. Your online store can have an unlimited number of products for costumes to browse.
Squarespace has long been a market leader for its innovative and beautiful designs. If you want a creative website that captures the user’s imagination - look no further than Squarespace. Create a fully functional ecommerce platform like it’s a walk in the park.
- Expand your product range with the option to book appointments, schedule meetings, sell tickets, etc.
- Integrate your social media channels into your website for quick updates and generating traffic.
- Native payment portal that supports all types of online payment methods like credit/debit cards direct bank transfers, Apple/Google Pay, PayPal, etc.
Weebly is a robust website builder that simplifies the process of web development. You do not need any coding or design experience to create outstanding websites. The drag-and-drop editor is optimized for making even the smallest template customizations.
- Improve customer engagement through welcome messages, pop-up chatbots, abandoned cart messages, etc.
- Use Weebly’s SEO recommendations to boost your site’s search result ranking. We were impressed with the analytics that generate great keyword suggestions.
- Create, edit, and work on the go with the mobile app. Although it does not have the same functionality as the desktop version, we could still get a lot done on the app.
WordPress is universally regarded as one of the top web development platforms in the market. It has included thousands of features and site optimization functions over the years - and you can access each one at the click of a button.
- Seamless payment integration - Set up your website and start accepting payments within seconds. WordPress ensures that your transactions are secure and quick, no matter what the payment method.
- Set up subscription packages, automatic billing options, and unlock premium offers for selected customers. These exclusive services can bolster your consumer engagement and credibility as a small business.
Shopify is the one-stop solution for creating professional, responsive, and glitch-free online stores. It is a pretty affordable service, and thanks to its feature-laden plans, we think Shopify is one of the best website builders for small businesses.
- Pick customization options from the Shopify Theme Store that lets you mix and match endlessly till you find just the right look.
- Mobile device responsiveness - Your website will have a built-in mobile or tablet cart to give your users the best hopping experience on any device.
- Backend editing - For those with coding experience, you get access to the HTML and CSS code of the website to make any changes if you so wish.
It is ever so simple to create a website with Strikingly website builder. The design and layout editor is optimized for total customization and shows real-time previews of your changes.
You can add interactive elements to your websites like pop-up messages, contact forms, and site navigation help.
- Strikingly uses PayPal and Stripe as its payment gateways. You can receive most types of online transactions through your store.
- Add e-commerce-specific elements to your site - These include shipping cost calculators, coupon codes, membership log-in, tax calculators, etc.
Duda is a new and cutting-edge entrant to the website builder space. Don’t just make your own website, but build your brand with Duda. Along with industry-standard editing tools, you also get access to marketing and client management resources and expert advice on growing your business.
- Understand your user activity through review tools and the client dashboard to optimize your engagement and conversion strategies.
- 0.1% downtime - You never have to worry about hosting and maintenance. With such little downtime, you can rest assured of getting a bulletproof software architecture for your website.
GoDaddy is one of the most scalable and affordable website builders on our list. We like the option to add up to 5000 products in the online store, which makes GoDaddy a feasible choice for small businesses and large enterprises alike.
- Accept all forms of online payments securely.
- Integrate your professional email and social media channels with your website to improve engagement with the brand.
- SEO functionality - We found the SEO suggestions to be data-driven and spot-on most times. You can trust the website builder to help you improve your site ranks.
The best part about using Jimdo is that it does not charge any platform fees on each sale you make. Simply sign up, create your website, and start selling. The templates look attractive and have a range of attention-retaining features like transitions, interactive buttons, interest graphics, etc.
- Sync your Facebook and Instagram accounts with your website. This makes it convenient for viewers to buy a product or service while browsing your feed.
- Local pickup option for customers.
WebNode scores high in our review on the editing, marketing, and maintenance fronts. You can set up a unique domain name or link an existing one for WebNode hosting. We like this option to improve an existing website with the WebNode extensive functionalities.
- Create up to 100 unique mailboxes to manage your professional communication.
- Create multilingual websites to establish a global footprint
- Customer support - We found the customer service team to be responsive and helpful. You can access tech support in your preferred language.
What Are The Best Website Builders For Small Businesses?
The first task before picking a website builder is to identify the site structure you need. If you are looking for an appointment or service booking website, we suggest opting for Weebly or Squarespace. Shopify is great for traditional online stores. If you need scalability, go for WordPress or GoDaddy.